Our mission is to educate, remediate, accelerate, and graduate Utah's diverse learners with caring, qualified teachers using current technology to provide rigorous curricula, timely access to quality online instruction, and prompt professional feedback to student work.
Teach at EHS
|HOME | GET AN ACCOUNT | CLASSES OFFERED | PROCTORS | TYPICAL QUESTIONS | DIPLOMA | LOG-IN|
Electronic High School teachers must be licensed by Utah with endorsements to teach specific classes at EHS, are preferred to have online teaching experience, and may not be working more than half time for other schools.
For regular EHS teachers, qualified Utah educators interested in contracting to teach or TA at EHS are welcome to send an unsolicited cover letter and a vita to:
The Electronic High School
250 East 500 South
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200
Please do not expect a reply to unsolicited vitas and cover letters. When a position is available, EHS will post an RFP when the need arises and invite those who have submitted recent vitas.
Consistent, high speed access to the Internet and appropriate hardware, software, and technical skills are a contract pre-requisite.
Teachers under contract with EHS are required to:
- maintain professional ethics and academic integrity including the state and federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Sections 53A-13-301 and 302, and 20 U.S.C. Section 1232g and 34 C.F.R. Part 99; child abuse reporting requirements; and Professional Standards for Utah Educators, R686-103
- personally perform all instructional duties
- be fluent with course materials
- work collaboratively with EHS staff to improve course materials
- spend the contracted amount of time per day spread over a minimum of five days a week:
- responding effectively to student and staff questions
- providing instructionally valuable and effective feedback on all instructor-graded assignments
- grading student work consistent with grading rubrics
- posting grades - for every 3 lessons submitted simultaneously by one student the instructor has 3 business days to grade with 3 additional business days for each 3 additional lessons
- maintain consistent communication with EHS front office about work load
- inform administrator one month in advance of absences longer than 3 business days, thereby allowing sufficient time to find a temporary replacement
- effectively communicate with EHS administration one month in advance if services to the school will no longer be available
EHS retains the right to contract additional instructors and to adjust contract hours monthly in response to evolving needs. Both parties reserve the right to terminate the contract for any reason or no reason. The contract is governed by the laws of the state of Utah.
Date: 8/18/2015 - A new RFP will be open soon for a Math Level 4 teacher for 4.5 hours a day and a PE teacher for 6 hours a day.
AFTER the RFP is opened, use the following steps to submit an offer:
- Login to www.bidsync.com
- Locate the bid (solicitation) to which you are responding;
- Click the Search tab on the top left of the page;
- Enter keyword or bid (solicitation) number and click Search; and search for the number of the RFP
- Click on the Bid title/description to open the Bid (solicitation) Information Page;
- View and Accept all documents in the document section;
- Select Place Offer found at the bottom of the page;
- Enter your pricing, notes, other required information and upload attachments to this page;
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page;
- Review Offer(s); and
- Enter your password and click Confirm.