Our mission is to educate, remediate, accelerate, and graduate Utah's diverse learners with caring, qualified teachers using current technology to provide rigorous curricula, timely access to quality online instruction, and prompt professional feedback to student work.
|HOME | GET AN ACCOUNT | CLASSES OFFERED | PROCTORS | TYPICAL QUESTIONS | DIPLOMA | LOG-IN|
Requesting a Class
To enroll in an EHS class, students log-in to EHS SIS and click the Request Classes link using your EHS SIS username and password. Your request is date-stamped. Requests are honored for students who are currently enrolled in less than 2 classes. When you have completed a class and your class count goes to 1 or below, your new requests are processed as seats are available.
NOTE: Please be sure your school counselor has pre-approved the class, or it may not count towards your graduation. Also, be aware that each quarter class requires students successfully complete required course work AND pass a proctored final test before credit is awarded. Proctors must be Utah residents and be certified by EHS. Some proctors require a fee.
Please note: Not all classes are available for immediate student enrollment and have a wait list that may take several weeks before student is enrolled into the class. As an EHS student finishes a class, that class seat becomes available for another EHS student. Use the "Class Request Form" as described above to request an available class seat. EHS no longer offers the classroom portion of Driver Education.
Each quarter class can be taken from EHS only once for credit. Each class needs to be completed in ten weeks except for Fitness for Life which is completed in seven weeks.
Computer Education - 0.5 units of credit required
- ECS - Exploring Computer Science (0.5) * Q1, Q2 (Ashley Hedin Q1, Kim Murphy Q2) YES, this class DOES MEET the credit requirement for graduation
Computer Literacy (0.5)* Q1, Q2 CLOSED (course replaced by ECS)
Healthy Lifestyles & Physical Education - 2.0 units of credit required (1.5 credit available through EHS)
- Health Education II (0.5) * (Q1, Q2) Sarah Pecht, Rebecca Evans
- Fitness for Life (0.5) * (Q1, Q2) Craig Cunningham Q1, Kami Elison Q2
- PE Participation Skills and Techniques (0.5) (Q1, Q2) Kami Elison
Language Arts - 4.0 units of credit required
- English 09 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Ellen Walker
- English 10 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Jennifer Mortensen
- English 11 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Megan Hennessy
- English 12 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Kaydee Phillips Q1, Q2, Q3, Leslie Phillips Q4
Mathematics - 3.0 units of credit required (2.0 credits available through EHS)
- Secondary Math Level 1 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Dr. Vicky Dahn
- Secondary Math Level 2 (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Dr. Vicky Dahn
Science - 3.0 units of credit required (2.0 credits available through EHS)
Social Studies - 3.0 units of SS credit required
- Geography for Life (0.5) (Q1, Q2) Katherine Pickett
- U.S. Government & Citizenship (0.5) * (Q1, Q2) Shannon Lott Q1, Megan Bench Q2
- World Civilizations (1.0) 0.5 required * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Megann Bench
- U.S. History II (1.0) * (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Leslie Phillips (currently being revised)
Financial Literacy - 0.5 Financial Literacy credit required
24 units of credit required to graduate with a Utah high school diploma.
View Utah required credits.
Faculty and Staff
EHS no longer offers the classroom portion of Driver Education online. Various districts and schools have begun offering the class online. Visit with your local school counselor to discover your options. If you live in
North Sanpete http://seschools.org/?q=dredinfo
North Summit http://www.nucenter.org/
Park City http://www.utahstudentsconnect.org/
San Juan http://seschools.org/?q=dredinfo
Salt Lake City http://weberonline.wsd.net/index.php/enroll/driver-education
South Sanpete http://seschools.org/?q=dredinfo
South Summit http://www.nucenter.org/
For other districts offering Driver Education, please contact your local school counselor.